– Rep. Justin Walsh (R-Westmoreland) today announced his staff will be assisting constituents with completing their 2018 Property Tax/Rent Rebate applications at six locations throughout the months of February and March.
“The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program is vitally important to many Pennsylvanians who struggle to pay their property taxes,” Walsh said. “The application process should not prevent anyone from participating in this program. My staff is eager to help residents of the 58th Legislative District navigate the form.”
Those interested in receiving help are asked to schedule an appointment in advance by calling Walsh’s office at 724-929-2655. Applicants should bring all necessary documents, including copies of tax statements marked paid from your county, school district and municipality, as well as any IRS 1099 forms. First-time filers will need to provide a current valid government-issued driver’s license or photo identification.
The events are scheduled for:
- West Newton Senior Center – 103 Main St., West Newton; Monday Feb. 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mount Pleasant District Office – 1 Etze Drive, Suite 212, Mount Pleasant; Friday, Feb. 15, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rostraver District Office – 1739 Rostraver Road, Belle Vernon; Monday, Feb. 25, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monessen Senior Center – 1925 Grand Blvd., Monessen; Monday, March 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Jeannette Library – 500 Magee Ave., Jeannette; Wednesday, March 6, from noon to 6 p.m.
- Herminie Senior Center – 101 Sewickley Ave, Herminie; Wednesday, March 13, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If none of these dates are convenient, residents may visit any of Walsh’s district offices prior to June 30 application deadline. For additional information or assistance, contact Walsh’s office at 724- 929-2655 or visit his website at RepWalsh.com
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2018. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
The 58th Legislative District in Westmoreland County includes Jeannette and Monessen cities, as well as East Huntingdon (part), Hempfield (part), Rostraver, Sewickley and South Huntingdon townships. Also, the district encompasses the boroughs of Adamsburg, Arona, Madison, Mount Pleasant, North Belle Vernon, Penn, Smithton, Sutersville and West Newton.
Representative Justin Walsh
58th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tracy Polovick